TV Ratings: 'The Voice' and Special 'X Factor' Drop, 'Trophy Wife' Improves
A steady "NCIS" leads scripted, without competition from "SHIELD," while ABC's comedies lose nothing without their lead-in.
The Voice led another Tuesday on NBC, though the two-hour "knockout round" was down six-tenths of a point from last week to a season low 3.5 rating among adults 18-49. The episode was off only four-tenths of a point from spring's comparable outing. Prior to The Voice, The Biggest Loser (1.8 adults) shed two-tenths of a point from last week, giving NBC a nightly average of a 3.0 adults rating and 9.6 million viewers.
A steady NCIS (3.0 adults) led scripted programming across the broadcast networks, while NCIS: LA (2.6 adults) inched up a tenth of a point. Person of Interest (1.8 adults) dropped four-tenths of a point against competition from The Voice, hitting a series low. CBS averaged a 2.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 15.2 million viewers.
Going head-to-head with The Voice during its second hour, and shedding some of its demo in the process, a special Tuesday X Factor averaged a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.8 million viewers. In the demo, that's a half of a point (25 percent) hit from its last outing.
The lack of an original SHIELD dampened ABC's Tuesday but did not harm the 9 p.m. comedies. The Goldbergs (1.7 adults) held steady without its lead-in, and Trophy Wife (1.4 adults) improved by two-tenths. (Some credit here may go to the lack of New Girl and The Mindy Project airing on Fox.) ABC averaged a 1.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.1 million viewers.
Both The Originals (0.9 adults) and Supernatural (1.1 adults) held last week's scores on The CW. The network posted a 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.1 million viewers for the night.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram