TV Ratings: 'Walking Dead' at a Near Best Despite Dip
Shedding 13 percent in its second week, the AMC drama still towers over everything but football and ranks as the series' second-most-watched episode ever.
A week-to-week loss of 2 million viewers would be cause for concern for most series -- but for The Walking Dead, it's just a drop in the bucket.
The AMC drama lost just 13 percent of its record-shattering premiere (16.1 million) during Sunday's episode, giving it a whopping 13.9 million viewers for the night. Topping all TV competition, save NBC's Sunday Night Football, the episode now ranks as the second-biggest for the series ever.
Among adults 18-49, the series nabbed 9.1 million viewers -- a 7.1 rating. That's off from last week's 10.4 million 18-49 viewers and 8.3 rating.
What's more, aftershow Talking Dead was similarly strong against the competition -- beating scripted broadcast efforts (ABC's Betrayal and CBS' The Mentalist) head-to-head among adults 18-49 with 3.3 million viewers.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)
- Oscar Winners Should Learn From Joe Pesci & Alfred Hitchcock
- Lupita Nyong'o & Helen Mirren Show Admiration For Each Other at Women In Film Pre-Oscar Party!
- Chris Brown Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder & PTSD; Staying in Rehab For 2 More Months
- Shailene Woodley & Theo James Capture the Cameras at ICG Publicists Awards with Star Appeal!
- Nicole Beharie & Xosha Roquemore: Essence Luncheon 2014!