8:55am PT by Michael O'Connell
TV Ratings: 'X Factor' Gives Fox Demo Win, 'Modern Family' Tops Wednesday
Fox's recently renewed X Factor didn't top its previous high in adults 18 to 49, but it did give the network a top-scoring 3.9 rating for the night, averaging 11.5 million viewers for the night.
Besting all other series in the demo and total viewers was Modern Family. A new episode of the ABC comedy topped the night in adults 18 to 49 with a 5.6 rating (a season low) and a 13.2 million viewers. Revenge (3.0), The Middle (2.7), Suburgatory (3.1) and Happy Endings (3.5) also posted strong results in the demo, with the later tying a series high set last week.
STORY: 'The X Factor' Renewed for Second Season
CBS won the night in viewers, edging out Fox's X Factor block with 11.8 million for the night and a 3.3 in the demo. Criminal Minds fared best for the network, with a 3.6 rating.
NBC pulled a 1.5 in the demo, also placing fourth in viewers with 6 million for the night, while the CW continued its Tuesday pairing of a Ringer repeat and America's Next Top Model to the tune of 1.5 million and a 0.6 in adults.
Fox - 3.9
- X Factor: 11.5 million, 3.9
ABC - 3.5
- The Middle: 9.3 million, 2.9
- Suburgatory: 8.5 million, 3.1
- Modern Family (R): 13.2 million, 5.6
- Happy Endings: 7.9 million, 3.5
- Revenge: 8.6 million, 2.9
CBS - 3.3
- Survivor: South Pacific: 11.9 million, 3.5
- Criminal Minds (R): 12.8 million, 3.6
- CSI: 10.6 million, 2.7
NBC - 1.5
- Up All Night: 4.7 million, 1.8
- Up All Night (R): 3.4 million, 1.2
- Harry's Law: 7.1 million, 1.1
- Law & Order: SVU: 7.0 million, 2.0
CW - 0.6
- Ringer (R): 1.2 million, 0.4
- America's Next Top Model: 1.8 million, 0.8