TV Ratings: 'Wild 'N Out' Revival Hits Network Highs on MTV2
Nick Cannon's comedy show and new series "Ain’t That America With Lil Duval" drive the cable network's biggest ratings day since it launched in 1996.
Comedy seems to be a good fit on MTV2. The cable network saw its best ratings day ever on Tuesday thanks to the premieres of Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘N Out and Ain’t That America With Lil Duval.
Cannon's sketch comedy show, a revival of the 2005 MTV series of the same name, led the way with its fifth-season launch at 11 p.m. The series averaged 1.1 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the network's targeted 12-34 demographic. It marks the highest-rated broadcast in the MTV sibling's nearly 20-year history.
The series preformed especially well with teenagers, scoring a 2.9 rating with young men and a 2.1 rating among young women.
Viral video series Ain’t That America With Lil Duval pulled the network's second-best returns after its lead-in. The series averaged 800,000 total viewers and a 0.9 rating with 12-34-year-olds.
MTV2 has been making more of a push into originals in the last few years, including new series Guy Code, Nitro Circus Live, Hip Hop Squares and The Dub Magazine Project.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR