TV Ratings: WWE Series 'Total Divas' Gets Strong Start on E!
The cable network's latest unscripted series outpaces all premieres of the last year, while "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" nears a season high.
E! looks like it launched a solid Sunday partner for the Kardashians. WWE reality jaunt Total Divas opened to 1.3 million viewers last night, eclipsing every network opener in nearly a year.
The 10 p.m. broadcast of Total Divas took in 885,000 adults 18-49 and a 1.1 rating among households, making it the most watched premiere since Married to Jonas last August. This comes on the heels of lackluster launches for other Sunday fare such as What Would Ryan Lochte Do? and The Wanted Life.
Total Divas retained less than half of its lead-in from Keeping Up With the Kardashians, though the network flagship was near a season high with 2.8 million viewers. Keeping Up returned for its eighth season with 3 million viewers in June.
A midnight encore of Total Divas added another 700,000 viewers, 500,000 of them adults 18-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws