TV Ratings: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Premiere Delivers Win for Fox
It was the competition show’s highest-rated debut in three years.
The two-hour premiere of So You Think You Can Dance delivered Fox an easy ratings win on Thursday night against a broadcast slate rife with reruns.
Dance averaged a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.1 million viewers overall, according to Nielsen.
That was up 7 percent compared to last season’s debut for the highest-rated premiere in three years and the most-watched debut in four years.
CBS averaged a 1.7 rating with 8.0 million viewers for reruns of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, CSI and The Mentalist. Univision pulled in 1.6 rating with 3.8 million viewers for new installments of telenovelas Teresa and Triunfo del Amor.
ABC sunk to a 1.0 rating with 4.1 million viewers for reruns of Wipeout and summer scripted series Rookie Blue. And reruns of NBC’s Thursday night comedy lineup managed a 0.9 rating with 2.4 million viewers.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)