TV Ratings: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Premiere Delivers Win for Fox
It was the competition show’s highest-rated debut in three years.
The two-hour premiere of So You Think You Can Dance delivered Fox an easy ratings win on Thursday night against a broadcast slate rife with reruns.
Dance averaged a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.1 million viewers overall, according to Nielsen.
That was up 7 percent compared to last season’s debut for the highest-rated premiere in three years and the most-watched debut in four years.
CBS averaged a 1.7 rating with 8.0 million viewers for reruns of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, CSI and The Mentalist. Univision pulled in 1.6 rating with 3.8 million viewers for new installments of telenovelas Teresa and Triunfo del Amor.
ABC sunk to a 1.0 rating with 4.1 million viewers for reruns of Wipeout and summer scripted series Rookie Blue. And reruns of NBC’s Thursday night comedy lineup managed a 0.9 rating with 2.4 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)