TV Ratings: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Plummets Against NBA Finals
More male viewers tuned into the Mavericks-Heat game on ABC, driving the net to win Thursday.
So You Think You Can Dance -- in which the top 20 finalists were announced -- plummeted 17 percent Thursday from last week's episode with a 2.4 rating in the all important 18-49 demo (6.9 million viewers). Fox, which ended up in second place with a 2.4 rating, attributed the dip to game five of the NBA Finals drawing more male viewers -- as viewership to SYTYCD by men 18-49 dropped 29 percent.
ABC rated 5.1 and won the night with the finals game, in which the Dallas Mavericks beat the Miami Heat 112-103. From 9 to 11 p.m., the game rated a 6.3 with 15.4 million viewers.
Univision was in third (1.7) with a new episode of Teresa and a Mexico vs. Cuba soccer game. With all reruns, CBS came in fourth (1.4), NBC in fifth (0.8), Telemundo was in sixth (0.5 - with new episodes of telenovelas) and CW was in a distant seventh (0.3).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR