TV Ratings: 'So You Think You Can Dance,' 'Love Bites' Down
ABC wins with the highest-rated program on Thursday, "Wipeout."
As the 4th of July weekend nears, viewers went on early vacation mode on Thursday night.
ABC topped the ratings in the ad-preferred adults 18-49 demographic, helped by the highest-rated program, Wipeout (6.5 million, 1.9). The reality series beat out Fox's So You Think You Can Dance results show (5 million, 1.6) in the time period -- though all of Thursday's original programs were down.
Mark Burnett's Expedition Impossible (6.1 million, 1.8) sank 25 percent at 9 p.m. and sophomore cop drama Rookie Blue (5.4 million, 1.4) dropped 13 percent. The latter dominated NBC's lone entry in originals on Thursday; Love Bites continued to dip, averaging 1.8 million and a 0.7 rating.
Notably it was a CBS repeat of The Mentalist at 10 p.m. that earned the title of the night's most-watched program, luring 7.8 million. Its closest competitor was lead-in, a repeat of CSI (6.7 million).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR