'Twilight' Actress to Co-Star in CBS Legal Drama Pilot
"Barbershop's" Toni Trucks will play a friend and secretary to the street-smart woman at the center of "Baby Big Shot."
Former Barbershop star Toni Trucks has joined CBS' legal drama pilot Baby Big Shot.
In the project, which revolves around a working-class woman named Marina who uses her street smarts to compete with her more polished colleagues at a top New York law firm, Trucks will play Cindi, Marina's edgy secretary and "comradette" in arms.
The actress, whose credits include Showtime's short-lived Barbershop series, will next appear in Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 as American Nomad coven member Mary as well as Fox Searchlight's He Loves Me.
Baby Big Shot, which hails from Sony Pictures Television, CBS Television Studios and Fanfare, will be executive produced by Jamie Tarses, Julia Franz and Kevin Falls, who will serve as showrunner. Dana Calvo will co-exec produce.
Trucks is repped by Greene & Associates and Rugolo Entertainment. CBS picked up the project to pilot last month.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game