'Twilight's' Christopher Heyerdahl Joins 'True Blood' Season 5
The veteran actor will play one of the members of the HBO series' Vampire Authority.
Type casting isn’t such a bad thing when it lands you on the hit HBO series, True Blood.
An HBO spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Christopher Heyerdahl is joining True Blood’s fifth season as one of the five members of the Vampire Authority, Dieter Braun.
Members of the Vampire Authority are the highest ranking beings in vampire society. Dieter Braun is described as having a special talent for creative interrogation techniques.
This isn’t Heyerdahl’s first role as a powerful vampire leader: He played Volturi member Marcus in The Twilight Saga. Currently he appears on AMC’s Hell on Wheels and he has also starred in recurring roles on Sanctuary, Caprica, and Stargate: Atlantis. His film credits include Affliction, The Hunger, and Catwoman.
Heyerdahl’s casting would seem to put to rest theories that recently cast SVU’s Chris Meloni will also play an Authority member as the two other male members are a vampire who was turned when he was nine years old and another who is of African descent.
True Blood returns this summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR