'Two And a Half Men' Premiere Draws Nearly 28 Million Viewers
The veteran CBS comedy has a massive season premiere as Charlie Sheen's character is killed off and Ashton Kutcher makes his entrance.
After months of publicity spurred by Charlie Sheen's public and bitter exit from the long-running sitcom Two And a Half Men, viewers finally got to learn what happened to Sheen's character Charlie Harper.
Spoiler alert: he was hit by a speeding subway train.
But the curiosity factor surrounding Sheen's exit and Ashton Kutcher's debut as a dispirited internet billionaire who moves into Harper's house translated into boffo ratings for CBS last night.
Nearly 28 million viewers (27.7 million to be exact) watched the 9 p.m. premiere of Men on CBS. The show also pulled in a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and a 12.2 rating among viewers 25-54.
That's a huge jump -- nearly 90 percent among total viewers -- compared to last season's bow, which averaged 14.6 million and 4.9 in the 18-49 demo and 6.1 in the 25-54 demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!