TV Ratings: 'Two And a Half Men' Drops Big in Second Week But Still Tops Monday
The CBS comedy dips 30%, but is still the top show of the night with more than 20 million viewers, and also lifts "Mike & Molly" to a series high.
In its second week with Ashton Kutcher as Charlie Sheen's replacement, CBS' Two And a Half Men pulled in 20.3 million viewers with a 7.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was down about 30 percent compared to last week's record breaking premiere, which averaged a 10.7 rating in the demo and 28.7 million viewers.
Some fall-off was expected as viewers curious about Sheen's exit and Kutcher's entrance may not have stuck with the show in its second week. But significantly, last night's episode marked a 50 percent gain compared to the second episode of Men last season.
It was more than enough to make Men the top-rated show on the second Monday of the new season. And it lifted Mike & Molly to series highs in the demo (4.9 rating) and total viewers (13.9 million), for its second season premiere.
New comedy Two Broke Girls was down considerably from its monster premiere behind Men last week. But it sill pulled in a very healthy 4.5 rating in the demo and 11.5 million viewers in its regular 8:30 p.m. time slot.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game