'Under the Dome' First Look: Can the Residents Dig Their Way Out? (Exclusive Photos)
Check out two exclusive images from the second episode, "The Fire."
It's the question likely on the minds of everyone trapped in Chester's Mill: Can we dig out from under the mysterious dome that is cutting the town off from the rest of the world?
Following the premiere of CBS' Under the Dome, based on the novel of the same name by Stephen King, the second episode of the summer drama will see the residents doing their best to learn everything they can about the invisible barrier.
In an exclusive photo from the second episode, titled "The Fire," Dean Norris' Big Jim appears to be supervising a crew, which includes a bulldozer, as the townspeople attempt the easiest solution: literally to go under the dome.
"In the next episode we've got Joe (Colin Ford) and his friend Ben going on a Stand By Me journey to map the dome and go all the way around to find its scope and size and begin asking questions: Is it truly impenetrable? Does it let air through? Does it let water through? What is the science of this dome?" executive producer Brian K. Vaughan told The Hollywood Reporter of what's to come. "So you'll get lots of answers to those questions. Probably one of the most frequently asked is why the hell isn't everyone just digging under this thing? And we will find exactly why not come next episode. Everyone's just like, 'Somebody just get a shovel and this TV show is just going to be over,' but it, of course, is not that easy."
Meanwhile, Deputy Linda's (Natalie Martinez) day seems to be getting worse. Following Sheriff Duke's brutal death -- during which his pacemaker abruptly exploded from his chest -- the body count seems to be growing amid a fire that breaks out nearby. Check out the two images exclusive to THR, above and below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Are you one of the more than 13 million people who will be staying with Under the Dome this summer?
Under the Dome airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game