'Up in the Air' Scribe Sells 'Jekyll & Hyde' Drama Project to ABC
Sheldon Turner will pen the contemporary project and executive produce alongside Jennifer Klein.
ABC may have a rival for NBC’s Frankenstein.
The network has picked up a drama project from ABC Studios and Up in the Air co-writer Sheldon Turner based on the classic Jekyll & Hyde story.
Hydewill revolve around Grant Hyde, a doctor with an eye condition who experiences bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision.
When Grant goes to sleep, he becomes Hyde, a fearless individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
Turner will write and executive produce the project with Jennifer Klein (Armageddon) through their newly launched shingle Vendetta.
There have been scores of Jekyll & Hyde related theater, film and TV projects, all based on the 1886 novel written by Robert Louis Stevenson.
NBC, meanwhile, is rebooting Frankenstein with House executive producers Russel Friend and Garret Lerner.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR