'Up in the Air' Scribe Sells 'Jekyll & Hyde' Drama Project to ABC
Sheldon Turner will pen the contemporary project and executive produce alongside Jennifer Klein.
ABC may have a rival for NBC’s Frankenstein.
The network has picked up a drama project from ABC Studios and Up in the Air co-writer Sheldon Turner based on the classic Jekyll & Hyde story.
Hydewill revolve around Grant Hyde, a doctor with an eye condition who experiences bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision.
When Grant goes to sleep, he becomes Hyde, a fearless individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
Turner will write and executive produce the project with Jennifer Klein (Armageddon) through their newly launched shingle Vendetta.
There have been scores of Jekyll & Hyde related theater, film and TV projects, all based on the 1886 novel written by Robert Louis Stevenson.
NBC, meanwhile, is rebooting Frankenstein with House executive producers Russel Friend and Garret Lerner.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR