USA Network Renews 'Suits' for Fourth Season
UPDATED: The legal drama starring Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams will return for another 16-episode run.
USA Network has renewed Suits for a fourth season.
The cable network has given a 16-episode order to the scripted legal drama starring Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams. The new season will premiere in 2014.
In addition, creator-showrunner Aaron Korsh -- featured on The Hollywood Reporter's top 50 showrunners list for 2013 -- has also signed an overall deal with Suits studio Universal Cable Productions to continue running the show and to develop new scripted projects.
In the third quarter, Suits was one of the top five series among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and placed in the top 10 among adults 25-54 for primetime scripted programming. It was also the top scripted series in its Tuesday slot in 18-49 viewers.
"As a leading cable drama, Suits is at the top of its game and continues to grow in the key demographics, drawing a passionate, young and loyal audience," said Chris McCumber, president of USA Network. "Aaron Korsh consistently pushes the boundaries of storytelling, and the series promises to deliver a provocative fourth season."
"From the beginning, we've seen Suits as a long-term player for the studio and we look forward to extending our relationship with Aaron. Harvey, Mike and the rest of the Suits crew are characters that have created a dedicated and enthusiastic audience," said Jeff Wachtel, president and chief content officer for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and head of UCP.
Suits centers on a top Manhattan law firm led by hotshot lawyer Harvey Specter (Macht) and his associate Mike Ross (Adams). Suits also stars Rick Hoffman, Gina Torres, Sarah Rafferty and Meghan Markle.
The second half of the third season will premiere in early 2014 following the Olympics. Guest stars include Michael Phelps, an avid Suits fan, and Stephen Macht, Gabriel Macht's father. The final six episodes pick up in the wake of the Ava Hessington trial, Harvey and Jessica (Torres) addressing the firm's future and Louis (Hoffman) threatening to expose the truth about Mike.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!