USA Network Unveils Fall Premiere Dates: 'Covert Affairs,' 'Burn Notice' Return in November
Also, the network commemorates the 10th anniversary of 9/11 with two films.
USA Network announced its fall premiere dates Monday, which leads with two world television premieres commemorating the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11. terrorist attacks, plus the premiere dates for returning series Psych, Covert Affairs, and Burn Notice.
Melissa Leo (The Fighter) stars in The Space Between as a flight attendant who must bring a 10-year-old Pakistani-American boy back home to New York City on the morning of the 9/11 attacks. Things get complicated as she realizes his father works in the World Trade Center. It airs Sunday, Sept. 11 at 9 p.m. with no commercial interruptions.
Following the film at 10:21 p.m., USA will air the documentary short, Twin Towers. The footage for the film was originally shot for a Dick Wolf reality pilot about a New York City police squad. In the end, the film about two brave brothers, a policeman and a fireman, won an Oscar in 2002.
-- Psych returns for Season 6 on Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 10 p.m with nine new episodes. It stars James Roday as Shawn Spencer and Dule Hill as his partner and close buddy, Gus. This season’s guest stars include William Shatner, Kristy Swanson, Corey Feldman, Malcolm McDowell, Joey McIntyre, Molly Ringwald, Danny Glover, and Wade Boggs.
-- Covert Affairs is back for its second half of its sophomore season on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 10 p.m. with six new episodes. Piper Perabo stars as Annie Walker, a young CIA operative. It co-stars Anne Dudek, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Christopher Gorham, Kari Matchett, and Peter Gallagher. Upcoming guest stars include Oded Fehr, Gregory Itzin, Devin Kelly, and Santiago Cabrera.
-- Burn Notice returns for Part 2 of its Season 5 with six new episodes on Thursday, Nov. 3 at 10 p.m. The series stars Jeffrey Donovan as Michael Westen, a blacklisted spy in Miami. It co-stars Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, Coby Bell, and the incomparable Sharon Gless. Guest stars include Lauren Stamile, Jere Burns, Indigo, Andre Holland, Ian Anthony Dale, Carlo Gallo and Ptolemy Slocum.
So, there's fall, but White Collar fans will have to wait for its return in January 2012, with the exact date still undetermined.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!
- Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson Take Flight to Start 'Captain America' Press Tour!