USA Network's 'Psych' Renewed for Eighth Season
UPDATED: USA's longest-running series will feature eight episodes when it returns for season eight.
USA Network has delivered Psych fans an early Christmas present.
The comedy starring James Roday and Dulé Hill has been renewed for an eighth season, USA Network senior vp research Ted Linhart announced late Wednesday via Twitter.
The news comes two months ahead of the Steve Franks series' Feb. 27 seventh season return, with formal details of the renewal expected to come Thursday, a USA representative told The Hollywood Reporter in confirming the news.
In announcing its formal renewal Thursday, USA picked up eight episodes of the series, half the season seven count. Whether season eight will be its final season has not yet been determined.
Psych is USA's longest-running series will mark its 100th episode in its upcoming seventh season and feature a two-hour musical as well as a wedding for one its main characters.
USA renewed Psych for a 16-episode seventh season in January. Season six premiered last fall following a long wait from its summer finale, drawing 3 million total viewers, up 8 percent year-over-year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws