USA Network Expands Reality Slate With 'Partners in Crime' Series Order
"All In," about sports handicapper Brandon Lang, has been given a pilot order and docu-series "The Cowboy Way" has been put into development.
USA Network is branching out in the world of unscripted.
Partners in Crime, a docu-soap centered on one of the country's most colorful criminal defense attorneys, has been ordered to series; All In, centered on sports handicapper Brandon Lang, has been greenlit to pilot; and The Cowboy Way, about a group of Texas cattle ranch workers, is in development at USA.
“Our approach to reality storytelling is to showcase a broad spectrum of life’s real characters,” said Heather Olander, svp alternative programming. “By partnering with these reality heavyweights, whose distinct voices have influenced the genre, we are offering audiences a new reason to engage with USA.”
From Peacock Productions, Partners in Crime follows Mario Galluci and his partner Big Lou Gelormino, who have made a practice out of taking on infamous cases. They are not only partners in the courtroom, they're also best friends. While they may bicker like brothers, they wouldn't miss getting together on Sunday night for a family dinner, complete with Mario's specialty: spaghetti and buffalo chicken meatballs.
All In follows Lang, one of the U.S.' winningest sports handicappers. The pilot will follow Lang as he knocks on the door of an unsuspecting family with a suitcase full of cash and the opportunity to embark on a gaming adventure with the chance to hopefully boom and not bust. With money at stake, Lang will use his expertise and luck to the test as he and the family play a string of high-stakes games to build their bank. From Studio Lambert, Brian Graden (South Park) and Louis Curren (The Osbournes, Punk'd) serve as executive producers.
Docu-series The Cowboy Way, from Raw TV (Gold Rush: Alaska), will revolve around the men and women who work on a Texas cattle ranch as they face the worst single-year drought and wildfires that have claimed more than 4 million acres.
Partners in Crime joins The Choir and The Moment on the net's unscripted slate, all of which will launch on USA in 2013. Previously announced pilot, Bride or Best Man, will begin production in November.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws