Usher Defends Justin Bieber on 'Ellen' (Video)
When asked about his former protege's recent travails, "The Voice" judge says: "I'm hoping for the best."
Justin Bieber might be rich, famous and the object of adoration for his legions of swooning fans, but lately, the 19-year-old pop star has been taking more than a few hits in his personal and professional lives.
Last week, he was booed on stage while accepting his Milestone Award at the Billboard Music Awards. Then, on Sunday night, cops were called to Bieber's Calabasas, Calif., home, after multiple individuals (including former NFL player Keyshawn Johnson) called to complain about his allegedly reckless driving. And let's not forget his "Euro Crisis."
Bieber's mentor, Usher, appeared on Wednesday's Ellen, to talk about judging The Voice. But the conversation also turned to the teen idol and his public travails.
"I'm hoping for the best," said Usher. "I don't look at it as a negative though. I look at it as a teenager. He's a teenager having to live his life in front of a camera. Imagine if you had to do that as a teenager."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR