'Vampire Diaries' Actress Joins Josh Schwartz's 'Georgetown' Pilot (Exclusive)
Tiya Sircar joins the James Wolk-led cast in ABC's D.C. power-broker drama.
The Vampire Diaries' Tiya Sircar has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Georgetown.
The ABC drama project, formerly known as The Inner Circle, centers on the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, D.C.
Sircar, whose previous credits include a recurring role as Aimee Bradley on the popular CW series as well as film work in 17 Again, Hotel for Dogs and the upcoming Friends With Benefits, will play the part of Harper Hawley, the assistant to a presidential speechwriter who gets fired for a media gaffe. She joins James Wolk, the star of Fox's short-lived drama Lone Star, Persons Unknown actress Daisy Betts and Gossip Girl's Kevin Zegers.
The hourlong pilot hails from Gossip Girl bosses Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who along with Len Goldstein will serve as executive producers. Will Fetters (The Lucky One, Remember Me) is locked as the project's writer and executive producer, with Mark Piznarski (Veronica Mars, Gossip Girl) on board to direct.
Sircar is repped by Fortitude and John Carrabino Management's Gladys Gonzalez.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR