'Vampire Diaries' Books 'Secret Circle' Star for Season 4
Aussie actress Phoebe Tonkin has landed the role of Hayley.
The Secret Circle star Phoebe Tonkin is going from Chance Harbor to Mystic Falls.
The Australian actress, who played Faye on the CW witch drama, has booked a recurring role on The Vampire Diaries, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
She will play Hayley, someone who Tyler (Michael Trevino) has a past with. Described as wild, sexy and free-spirited, Tonkin's Hayley will first appear in the third episode of season four, as TV Guide first reported.
Executive producer/showrunner Julie Plec shared with THR recently that there would be more characters introduced in the new season, including Hayley and a new mentor for Bonnie (Kat Graham).
Tonkin's entry into Mystic Falls will surely cause rifts between Tyler and his main ladylove Caroline (Candice Accola). In the season three finale, viewers saw Klaus (Joseph Morgan) assume Tyler's body.
Prior to Secret Circle, the ICM Partners-repped Tonkin appeared in Aussie soap Home and Away and H2O: Just Add Water, which co-starred Diaries' Claire Holt.
The Vampire Diaries returns Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)