'Vampire Diaries' Spinoff 'The Originals' Adds 'Sorority Row' Actress (Exclusive)
Leah Pipes will play the central role of Camille in the backdoor pilot from executive producer Julie Plec.
The CW's Vampire Diaries backdoor pilot has added a mortal foil to its ranks.
Sorority Row actress Leah Pipes has booked the lead human role in The Originals, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Originals revolves around Klaus (Joseph Morgan), who returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, a town he helped build centuries ago, where he is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel (The Game's Charles Michael Davis).
Pipes, whose credits also include Life is Wild and The Deep End, will play Camille, a college psychology student fascinated by the study of human behavior unaware of the supernatural universe that exists around her.
She joins Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise their roles as Original vampire Elijah and werewolf Hayley, respectively, and Daniella Pineda and Danielle Campbell, who will play witches named Sophie and Davina, respectively.
The planted pilot will air April 25 as an episode of The Vampire Diaries. Showrunner Julie Plec will pen the script for Warner Bros. Television.
Pipes, who next appears in feature The Devil's Rapture, is repped by Gersh and Untitled.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR