'Vampire Diaries' Spinoff 'The Originals' Books 'Prison Break' Alum
Danielle Campbell will play Davina, a young witch, in the April episode of the CW series.
The Vampire Diaries' potential spinoff has added a young witch to its ranks.
Prison Break actress Danielle Campbell has been tapped to join the CW's back-door pilot The Originals, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Originals revolves around Klaus (Joseph Morgan), who returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, a town he helped build centuries ago, where he is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel (The Game's Charles Michael Davis).
Campbell, who also costarred in the feature Prom, will play Davina, a young and troubled witch who has been sheltered by protective caregivers. Her innocence about the way the world works makes her equal parts wondrous and dangerous. She's delicate and ethereal but not without her own demons.
She joins Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise their roles as Original vampires Elijah and Hayley, respectively, and Daniella Pineda, who will play a witch named Sophie.
The pilot will air April 25 as an episode of The Vampire Diaries. Showrunner Julie Plec will pen the script for Warner Bros. Television.
She's repped by CESD, Evolution and Loeb & Loeb.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR