VH1 Adds Trio of Shows, Renews 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle'
This spring, the cable network will roll out female-fronted "The Gossip Game," documentary series "I'm Married to a …" and countdown specials "100 Sexiest Artists."
With a continued focus on music and pop culture, VH1 is loading up on spring offerings.
In the coming months, the Viacom-owned network will add to its schedule The Gossip Game, which follows ambitious media types covering urban entertainment; I’m Married to a …, a documentary series that examines a collection of unique couples in love; and 100 Sexiest Artists, a five-part countdown special. Additionally, the cable net has ordered a third season of the docuseries T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle, which will return to VH1 on April 8.
Looking to grow its urban fan base, Gossip will chronicle the lives of seven media personalities -- and rivals -- covering the fast-paced, competitive urban entertainment beat in New York. The cast includes Angela Yee, co-host of Breakfast Club on Power 105.1; K. Foxx, co-host of Hot 97's The Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg Show With K. Foxx; Source magazine's editor in chief Kim Osorio; Sharon Carpenter, a reporter on Russell Simmons’ Global Grind website; freelance writer and Vibe.com columnist Jas Fly; Ms. Drama, host of the MsDramaTV blog and on-air personality at Major Playaz; and NYC Gossip Girl Vivian Billings of HipHopGossipSite.com. The series, which hails from Magilla Entertainment, District Media and Monami Entertainment, is set to premiere April 1.
I'm Married to a …, which is in the style of MTV's True Life documentary series, will premiere about three weeks later on April 21. The series will shine a light on how couples in the most unusual situations find love, with such iterations planned as “I’m Married to a Quadriplegic,” “I’m Married to a Gay Mormon,” “I’m Married to Twins” and “I’m Married to an Alien Abductee.” The series is being produced by Fishbowl Worldwide Media and Four Henry’s Productions.
Finally, 100 Sexiest Artists will be hosted by Stevie TV's Stevie Ryan, who will rank the music business's sexiest (think Adam Levine, Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez). Bowing March 5, it will serve as a four-night special and will include interviews with Blake Shelton, Kat Graham, Robin Thicke, Jill Zarin and Jake Pavelka. The collection is being executive produced by the network's Karla Hidalgo, Shelly Tatro and Jeff Olde.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!