'Basketball Wives' Star Evelyn Lozada Negotiating VH1 Spin-Off Show
Source confirms to THR that the reality star is in talks to return to the network with her own series.
After several reports that Evelyn Lozada won’t be returning for Season 4 of Basketball Wives, VH1 may have found a way to keep her at the network.
A source close to the reality star confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that she’s currently in talks for her own reality show on the network.
According to TMZ, the show is part of a package from VH1 to lure Lozada back to Basketball Wives for Season 4. Its sources say that the deal also includes less shooting time on the show, so Lozada can work around her daughter’s school schedule. And, that Lozada has informed the network that she won’t miss any of fiance, Chad Ochocinco’s NFL games.
Lozada became a breakout star of the original Basketball Wives series set in Miami. Her return for a fourth season was reportedly endangered after VH1 posted a blog that suggested she was unfaithful to Ochocinco. The two were engaged in November of last year. She was formerly engaged to NBA player Antoine Walker.
The Native New Yorker has proven to be quite the entrepreneur. In addition to the possible spinoff show, she co-owns the Coral Gables, Fla. shoe boutique, Dulce, and recently signed a six-figure book and movie deal.
A VH1 spokesperson tells THR that the network doesn’t “comment on development rumors.”
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing