'All My Children's' Denise Vasi Joins VH1's 'Single Ladies'
The actress will play a new lead on the series’ second season.
Now that All My Children and One Life to Live aren’t moving online, we have to expect their actors to move on, right?
VH1 announced on Monday that All My Children alum Denise Vasi is joining Single Ladies as a series regular for Season 2. Vasi will play businesswoman Raquel, a friend of current character Keisha (LisaRaye McCoy), on the female buddy series. Charity Shea also stars as April.
Vasi had played Randi Hubbard on ABC’s All My Children from 2008 through earlier this year. She has also appeared on White Collar, The Protector, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. She’s also set to appear in Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper movie, Magic Mike, starring Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer and Olivia Munn.
Single Ladies was renewed for Season 2 in July after averaging 2.8 million viewers per episode in its first season. Former lead Stacey Dash announced she was leaving the series in Sept. saying that she wanted to spend more time with her children in L.A. and the series’ Atlanta location made that difficult for her.
Queen Latifah’s production company, Flavor Unit Entertainment, produces the series for VH1. Season 2 will debut in Summer 2012.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR