'How I Met Your Mother' Series Finale Revisits Pilot in Final Scene (Video)
Ted finally meets the mother during the CBS' comedy's last episode -- but that's not the end of the story.
Warning: Don't read on -- or watch -- if you haven't seen the series finale of How I Met Your Mother.
The CBS comedy came to a close on Monday night, after a whopping 208 episodes, and "Last Forever" answered several big questions.
Settling the months-long debate about the Mother's fate, Ted (Josh Radnor) reveals to the audience that the mother of his children (Cristin Milioti, whose character's name ends up being Tracy McConnell) died long before he started telling his children the story of how they met.
His intuitive kids, held captive for the last nine seasons, announce that their father has really been telling the story to gauge their approval if he asks out their long-divorced aunt Robin (Cobie Smulders).
The final scene pays surprise tribute to the pilot. Watch below:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)