Demi Lovato on Working With Simon Cowell: 'He's a Bit of an A--hole'
After winning an award at MTV's Video Music Awards, the singer joked backstage about working with her "X Factor" co-judge.
Demi Lovato, who won the MTV Video Music Award prize for best video with a message, didn’t hold back when reporters backstage asked her how it was to work with Simon Cowell on The X Factor.
“He’s a bit of an a--hole,” the petite singer said before quickly adding, “I’m totally kidding!”
“We have so much fun together,” she added. “I love him so much. He’s amazing.”
Lovato joins fellow pop singer Britney Spears at the judges table for the first time on The X Factor. The show will premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 12 on Fox.
“We go back and forth, but behind the stage, we love each other,” Lovato added about her working relationship with Cowell.
Lovato, who performed her song “Give Your Heart a Break” during the MTV VMA pre-show, won the award for best video with a message for her song, “Skyscraper.”
Backstage, the singer revealed that the first album she ever purchased was a Britney Spears record. Lovato had only nice words for the woman she idolized growing up, calling it a “dream-come-true.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR