'The Voice': Adam Lambert Says 'It's All Good' Between Him and Adam Levine
The "American Idol" alum soothes his angry fans after Levine's accidental diss.
American Idol’s Adam Lambert soothed the angry masses Tuesday after fans began tweeting him about something Adam Levine said on The Voice's semifinals show.
It all started after semifinalist Nakia performed a spirited version of Lambert’s hit, “Whatya Want From Me,” and an impressed Levine said a couple things that some apparently took as insults against Lambert.
“I’m not familiar with that song, but you just forced me to like it,” the Maroon 5 front man tells the performer.
“I’m pretty sure, although I’ve never heard that song before,” he then adds, “That you probably sang it better than the person that sang it originally. So, good job.”
In response to the performance and Levine’s comments, Lambert tweeted, “Yeah Nakia! Saaaang boy!! Great performance. I think Adam might know who I am after this next album. Get ready for me Levine. Hahah”
Apparently, that lighthearted response wasn’t enough for his fans who began tweeting the singer about how angry they were about Levine’s comments.
“But for the record, Im def a Maroon 5 fan,” he writes. “Fans: there is NO reason to be angry. Thanks for being protective but it's all good. :)”
Levine can now apparently sleep soundly tonight.
[Update June 22, 7:22 a.m. Levine tweeted the following response to the rancor: "I had honestly never heard that song before. I thought that @nakia made me like a song that would have otherwise fallen flat. I'm NOT sorry."]
Watch the performance that started all this crazy below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!