'The Voice' Adds Double Dose of Two-Hour Tuesday Episodes
NBC adds an hour to the April 30 and May 7 episodes, and schedules a special Wednesday episode on May 8.
There's even more of NBC's The Voice coming to a TV near you during season four.
Two Tuesday episodes of the NBC singing competition have been extended to two hours, NBC announced Monday.
The April 30 episode, which will feature the knockout rounds, and the May 7 episode, which spotlights the live playoffs, will both be two-hour episodes.
Traditionally, the show features a two-hour episode on Mondays and a one-hour episode on Tuesdays.
The Voice then will follow the May 7 extended episode with a dramatic live Wednesday-night edition on May 8 (8-9 p.m. ET) where the final Top 12 artists will be revealed.
The top 12 artists then move on to the live shows, which will conclude with the crowning of a winner during the live season finale on Tuesday, June 18 (9-11 p.m. ET).
The May 8 addition will go up directly against the penultimate week of Fox’s singing competition, American Idol. The Fox show’s finale airs the following week on Wednesday, May 15, and Thursday, May 16.
The two-hour broadcasts on April 30 and May 7 will be followed by a one-hour edition of Ready for Love.
This isn't the first time NBC has added extra air time to The Voice. During the third season, a special Wednesday episode was added on the night that Fox premiered the sophomore season of The X Factor.
The fourth season of The Voice brings new coaches Usher and Shakira into the red rotating chairs to replace Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera.
The fourth season of The Voice premieres Monday, March 25, at 8 p.m. on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game