'The Voice': Blake Shelton Recruits Little Big Town as Adviser
The country quartet behind "Day Drinking" will aid the three-time champ during the battle round.
Blake Shelton has found his guest mentor for The Voice's seventh season, NBC said Thursday.
The three-time champ of the NBC singing show has called on Little Big Town, the country quartet (Phillip Sweet, Kimberly Schlapman, Jimi Westbrook and Karen Fairchild) behind the hit "Day Drinking." They'll aid Shelton during the battle round, in which he must trim her number of team members, recruited during the blind auditions, in half with sudden-death duets.
Shelton might be a newfound fan of having a band with him in the rehearsal room, since season six saw him pair up with The Band Perry. His previous guest mentors include Michael Buble, Cher and Sheryl Crow.
Fellow coaches Gwen Stefani has recruited husband Gavin Rossdale of Bush to join her in the rehearsal room, while Adam Levine will be accompanied by Stevie Nicks.
Pharrell Williams has not yet announced his guest mentor.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)