'The Voice' to Broadcast Live for 3 Nights During Election Week
NBC will air a total of five hours of the singing competition on Nov. 5, 7 and 8.
While America heads to the polls on Nov. 6, NBC will celebrate another opportunity for America to vote with a total of five hours of The Voice airing during election week.
NBC has added special live broadcasts of The Voice on Wednesday, Nov. 7 (8-10 p.m. ET) and on Thursday, Nov. 8 (8-9 p.m. ET) -- as well as its regular airing on Monday, Nov. 5 (8-10 p.m. ET).
The Voice will not be broadcast in its regular Tuesday slot that week due to NBC’s election night coverage.
The episodes the week of Nov. 5 will be the first live shows of the season -- giving America the chance to help decide which artists get into the Top 12.
The additional shows on Wednesday and Thursday will place NBC’s singing competition in direct competition with FOX’s X Factor. The same situation occurred earlier this season when NBC added a third night to their premiere week, which aired the same time as X Factor’s premiere episode.
The Voice will also go head-to-head with top scripted shows ABC’s Modern Family on Wednesday and CBS’ The Big Bang Theory on Thursday.
Currently, the show’s third season -- starring coaches Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green -- is in the battle rounds, which pit two contestants on a team against each other, singing the same song. Only one moves on to the next round, which is the new “knockout” round.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR