'The Voice' Taps Cher, Ed Sheeran as Mentors
Ryan Tedder and Miguel will also serve as advisers in the fifth cycle.
Weeks ahead of the return of The Voice, NBC has named the new advisers for the fifth cycle.
Cher, Ed Sheeran, Ryan Tedder and Miguel have been tapped to help The Voice coaches guide their respective teams during the season.
Cher will serve as an adviser to Blake Shelton, whose finalists have won The Voice the past three seasons; Sheeran will work with returning coach Christina Aguilera; Tedder will team up with Adam Levine; and Miguel will work with Cee Lo Green.
"This group of wildly successful musicians will add their distinctive talents to their respective teams," said Paul Telegdy, president of late night and alternative programming at NBC Entertainment. "I know Christina, Adam, Cee Lo and Blake are very much looking forward to having them come aboard."
Past mentors for The Voice have included Hillary Scott, Pharrell Williams, Taylor Swift, Joel Madden, Sheryl Crow, Michael Buble, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mary J. Blige, Rob Thomas, Bill Withers, Jennifer Hudson, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Miranda Lambert and Kelly Clarkson.
The Voice kicks off Sept. 23 on NBC.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR