'The Voice' Taps Cher, Ed Sheeran as Mentors
Ryan Tedder and Miguel will also serve as advisers in the fifth cycle.
Weeks ahead of the return of The Voice, NBC has named the new advisers for the fifth cycle.
Cher, Ed Sheeran, Ryan Tedder and Miguel have been tapped to help The Voice coaches guide their respective teams during the season.
Cher will serve as an adviser to Blake Shelton, whose finalists have won The Voice the past three seasons; Sheeran will work with returning coach Christina Aguilera; Tedder will team up with Adam Levine; and Miguel will work with Cee Lo Green.
"This group of wildly successful musicians will add their distinctive talents to their respective teams," said Paul Telegdy, president of late night and alternative programming at NBC Entertainment. "I know Christina, Adam, Cee Lo and Blake are very much looking forward to having them come aboard."
Past mentors for The Voice have included Hillary Scott, Pharrell Williams, Taylor Swift, Joel Madden, Sheryl Crow, Michael Buble, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mary J. Blige, Rob Thomas, Bill Withers, Jennifer Hudson, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Miranda Lambert and Kelly Clarkson.
The Voice kicks off Sept. 23 on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game