'The Voice:' Christina Aguilera to Return as Coach (Exclusive)
Despite reports she may leave the NBC hit, a source tells THR she "signed weeks ago" for season 2.
Christina Aguilera will return for season two of The Voice, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Despite reports she may depart the NBC hit, a source tells THR she "signed weeks ago."
Aguilera played coy when asked by reporters at Wednesday's finale.
She makes $225,000 per episode, as THR revealed in a cover story earlier this month. Fellow coaches Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton make about $75,000 each.
Levine told THR Wednesday that he hopes to return as well: "If they’ll have me, I’d be delighted to be back."
But even if the panel is eventually switched up, Carson Daly doesn't think it will affect the singing competition.
"This show is bigger than any of its coaches or the host," he told the New York Post. "This show will live on in perpetuity with many a star in those chairs."
Season 2 kicks off in February right after the Super Bowl.
Javier Colon beat out Dia Frampton to win the show Wednesday.
The finalists will kick off a six-stop summer tour in July. Before that, most are already in the recording studio working on albums.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR