'The Voice': Florence and the Machine Cover Ends Semifinals on a High Note (Video)
Vicci Martinez's performance proves America got it right.
As Cee Lo Green said after the fan vote went to soul and blues singer Vicci Martinez, “America has good taste.”
The Seattle singer proved that again on Tuesday’s first round of The Voice semifinals when she closed the show with British artist Florence and the Machine’s hit single, “Dog Days Are Over.”
Dressed like she was ready to kick disco-punk butt, Martinez took the stage with not only her own set of drums, but a whole percussion line ready to give the song its trademark thumping beat.
She’ll find out if she moves on to the finals during Wednesday’s results show, but we think she stands a pretty good chance of advancing.
Watch her performance below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)