'The Voice': Live Results Show Added, Season Finale Scheduled
The season closer for the NBC competition series will air June 29 at 8 p.m.
NBC's The Voice is taking a cue from American Idol and Dancing With the Stars.
For the final two weeks of the season, the music competition series has added an extra results show on Wednesday, June 22 at 8 p.m. and has scheduled its finale for the following week: Wednesday, June 29 at 8 p.m. Both episodes will air live.
Next week begins the live rounds with the first-year talent series airing from 9-11 p.m.
The most recent episode, which followed the season premiere of America's Got Talent on Tuesday, hit a series high in total viewers drawing 14.4 million viewers at 10 p.m.
Season-to-date, The Voice -- the top freshman series of the television season -- has averaged 12.6 million viewers and a 5.5 rating. The series has already been renewed for a second season, when it will act as a two-hour lead-in midseason on Monday nights for NBC's Smash.
It also was recently announced that The Voice would receive the coveted post-Super Bowl slot next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR