'The Voice': Blake Shelton Performs Newest Single, 'Over' (Video)
The country singer and coach took the stage on Monday's semifinals to perform the ballad from his album, "Red River Blue."
NBC's The Voice can claim bragging rights over other TV singing competitions when it comes to its coaches performing on the show. They do so almost weekly. Such was the case for Blake Shelton, who performed his newest single, "Over," off the album, Red River Blue on Monday's episode.
It was a bit of a departure from the more upbeat songs we’ve seen him perform before and he did it sans guitar. That gave him a chance to focus on singing the ballad, working the stage and getting up close and personal with the live audience members. However, that didn’t stop him from doing a little air guitar. The performance did get his fellow coaches bobbing their heads to the beat.
If Shelton is lucky, the single may get a big sales push from the performance like his fellow coach, Adam Levine. After he and Maroon 5 performed their new single, “Payphone,” last week, it shot up to Billboard’s Hot 100 and became the highest weekly download by a group.
Watch the performance below and tell us what you think of Shelton’s new single in the comments section.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR