'The Voice' Recruits Ryan Tedder as Producer, Songwriter
The OneRepublic frontman, who has served as guest mentor to Adam Levine's team this season, will pen an original song for the three finalists.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic has joined NBC's The Voice as the show's first-ever in-house producer and songwriter.
Tedder, also an adviser this season, will work with the final three artists as they prepare for performances for the finale. He will also write a song for the three finalists to perform at the conclusion of the season on Dec. 17. The artists' singles will be available on iTunes immediately following the telecast.
Tedder's involvement was announced during Tuesday's results show. NBC Entertainment's president of Alternative and Late Night Programming Paul Telegdy said that Tedder "will be invaluable in both his work with our artists and in creating a song that will capture the essence of our show."
Besides being the lead singer/songwriter of OneRepublic, Tedder has produced recordings by Adele, Beyonce, Leona Lewis, Maroon 5 and Carrie Underwood. OneRepublic's newest single new single "Counting Stars," cracked the top 10 on the Hot 100 this week, hitting No. 6. The song appears on their most recent album, "Native," which debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 in March.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR