'The Voice' Winner Revealed (Video)
Did Dia Frampton, Javier Colon, Beverly McClellan or Vicci Martinez take home the crown on NBC's singing competition?
The Voice crowned its inaugural winner on Wednesday's final results show. But before it did, the finalists performed duets with some famous guests, including Stevie Nicks and coach Blake Shelton's wife, Miranda Lambert. It was a relatively fast finale, which is an apt ending to what executive producer Mark Burnett told us was a fast season.
After the performances, host Carson Daly named the top two finalists. Apparently, there was only 2% separating the winner and the runner-up in the votes. The top two were Dia Frampton and Javier Colon. Daly also announced that after Tuesday night's final performance show, Colon's song was No. 2 on iTunes, while Frampton's was at No. 1.
And then finally, Daly announced that the votes told a different story than iTunes. Colon had won over more of America's votes and would be the first winner of NBC's The Voice.
Back in the blind rounds, Colon's version of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" got all four coaches to turn their chairs. He ended up picking Adam Levine, because he said he believed the coach when he said that he really needed him on his team. The singer had been feeling like his musical career had stalled and it meant a lot to him to hear that someone really wanted him and appreciated his talent.
Levine should count himself as very lucky. As the rounds continued and other teams still found themselves with more than one strong singer, it quickly became clear that for Levine, Colon was it. Levine knew it, too. He guarded his best singer from elimination as much as he could. In the semifinals, he handicapped the vote when he gave his other semifinalist, Casey Weston, a score of 35 to Colon's 65 in order to guarantee that his strongest singer would move on.
Now, as the young father is The Voice, Adam's move has been justified.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game