'The Voice's' Blake Shelton Says 'X Factor' Rival Simon Cowell is 'Always Mouthing Off'
"Don't y'all wish you had time to bitch and moan like that?" the country singer asks.
Blake Shelton wishes Simon Cowell would put up or shut up.
Cowell hasn't made his feelings secret about NBC's choice to pit The Voice against Fox's The X Factor, telling reporters last week that the showdown constituted a violation of a "gentleman's agreement" and he was "pissed off" about it.
"Every time I turn around the guy is mouthing off," an exasperated Shelton says. "Don't y'all wish you had time to bitch and moan like that? It's like, 'Do you own show! Come on! Put something together there and do you thing.'"
Shelton adds, "We'll just do ours and we won't mouth off about you. I wish I had that much time. The guy must just have more free time than he knows what to do with."
In the end, it will be the viewers who decide who comes out on top in this battle of these musical mentors. X Factor's much-hooplah'd second season debut airs tonight on Fox, while The Voice's third season debuted on NBC on Monday to softer-than-season-2 numbers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR