'The Voice's' Cee Lo Green Leaves Rihanna's 'Loud' Tour
"He feels that he wouldn't give his fans the show that they deserve," his spokesperson says.
Even though The Voice has only one more week to go, coach Cee Lo Green says it’s one of the reasons he’s dropping out of the Loud tour with Rihanna.
According to the New York Times, Green announced he’s leaving the summer tour partly because of commitments to NBC’s reality singing competition, but also in preparation for a new album and a book.
“He always puts 100 percent into his work and with the requirements and time commitment to The Voice, on top of heading back into the recording studio and an upcoming book,” Green’s spokesperson says. “He feels that he wouldn’t give his fans the show that they deserve.”
Green’s announcement follows a very public Twitter fight the singer had with a local music critic in which he lashed back at her after a negative review of the show. His response to the critic he mistook for a man had some accusing him of homophobia. He subsequently apologized if he offended anyone, but not for defending himself or his performance.
Green joined Rihanna on the tour in early-June with performances in at least 17 cities in the U.S. and Canada through July.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR