'Walking Dead' Adds Pair to Writers Room for Season 4
Curtis Gwinn and Channing Powell join fellow newcomer Matt Negrete on the staff led by new showrunner Scott Gimple.
AMC's The Walking Dead is bulking up its writers room for season four.
Supervising producer/writer Gwinn counts Adult Swim comedy NTSF:SD:SVU and MTV's zombie parody Death Valley among his credits, while co-producer/writer Powell -- like Negrete -- is a White Collar alum.
The duo join a staff that also includes Gimple, who has been with the series since season two, executive producer Robert Kirkman (who created the comics on which the drama is based), Negrete, newly promoted executive producer Greg Nicotero, Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert, Evan T. Reilly, Angela Kang and Nichole Beattie, among others.
The additions come as Walking Dead bulks up following the departure of Glen Mazzara, who exited the series as showrunner in December when the network renewed the series for its fourth season. Gimple was officially named the show's third showrunner in February.
Gwinn is repped by Rothman Brecher, Principato Young and Ginsburg Daniels; Powell is with UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR