'Walking Dead' Composer to Score 'SHIELD,' 'Black Sails'
Bear McCreary is also set for a live performance at Starz's Comic-Con preview of its Michael Bay pirate drama.
Bear McCreary is having a good day.
The music composer for AMC's The Walking Dead has landed two buzzy gigs: scoring the highly anticipated Joss Whedon series Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Starz's Black Sails.
McCreary, who picked up an Emmy nomination for his Human Target score, confirmed he'd joined the Avengers-themed ABC drama starring Clark Gregg and Ming Na on Twitter. "Thrilled to announce my collaboration w/ Marvel, Joss Whedon and his creative team. I am the composer for "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD," he wrote.
Additionally, Starz announced Monday that McCreary would join its Michael Bay pirate drama Black Sails. The series, which is filming in South Africa, is slated to premiere in January. The composer will head to San Diego's Comic-Con International this week for a special performance at a public screening of the pilot set for Thursday night.
For McCreary, Black Sails will mark his second collaboration with Starz. He's also scoring Da Vinci's Demons, which has been renewed for a second season. His credits also include Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Eureka, Caprica, Trauma and NBC's The Cape. On the big screen, he has composed music for Knights of Badassdom with Peter Dinklage and Summer Glau.
Worth noting: McCreary previously performed his Battlestar Galactica score at Comic-Con.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR