'The Walking Dead' Season 3: Michonne Comes Out Swinging in New Teaser (Video)
UPDATED: Exec producers Robert Kirkman, Glen Mazzara and Gale Anne Hurd dropped teasers about the upcoming season during a special episode of "The Talking Dead."
AMC rewarded zombie fans Sunday with a sneak peek at Season 3 of The Walking Dead following a 19-episdoe marathon of the series based on the comics by Robert Kirkman.
After the weekend marathon of all the Season 1 and 2 episodes, a short new promo for the series was unspooled during a new episode of Chris Hardwick's The Talking Dead, which featured Michonne decapitating three zombies -- all for a few packets of aspirin likely for her new friend Andrea (Laurie Holden).
THR's 'The Walking Dead' Coverage
"Rick has to whip that group in shape, there's no safe place to hide," showrunner Glen Mazzara told viewers during the talk show Sunday, acknowledging fans when he called Rick's new outlook on the group a "Ricktatorship."
Mazzara was joined by exec producers Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd as well as a few cast members who appeared in taped segments from the Atlanta set during Sunday's special live episode, where they dropped teasers about what to expect from Season 3.
"The Governor [David Morrissey] thinks he's a messiah; he sees it as an opportunity to get onto history's stage," Mazzara previewed, with exec producer Hurd noting there was "something rotten" in the town of Woodbury, which he oversees.
Also revealed during a cute call from co-star Chandler Riggs (Carl): Rick's young son is going to the dark side and will be "more of a soldier." "No more 'stay in the house!'" Riggs said during Talking Dead.
As for the group's arrival at the prison, which was first seen in the final moments of Season 2, Kirkman said the band of survivors see it as "a sign of hope." (Just don't count on it going well once they arrive.)
Co-EP and special effects artist Greg Nicotero also noted that Comic-Con attendees who drop by the show's booth can stand in and have their photo taken with a mold of Michonne (Danai Gurira) with one of her pet zombies and step in to become her second chained companion.
Watch the Michonne clip as well as an interview with Nicotero discussing the new breed of zombies in store for Season 3, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts on what you want to see from the Dead panel at Comic-Con. The Walking Dead returns in October. Expect a premiere date and more new footage at the show's Comic-Con panel Friday. (THR's The Live Feed will be on the ground in San Diego for full coverage.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10