'The Walking Dead': 'Monumental' Episode Ticks Up in Ratings
Sunday's penultimate Season 2 episode garners 6.9 million total viewers, up slightly from last week.
Sunday's penultimate Season 2 episode of The Walking Dead boosted the AMC series week-over-week.
"Better Angels," the heavily hyped episode that featured the not-so-surprising yet shocking death of Jon Bernthal's uncontrollable Shane, ticked up to 6.9 million total viewers, up about 200,000 week-over-week.
The hour, which comic creator/executive producer Robert Kirkman dubbed a "monumental event," also drew 4.6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 4.1 million in adults 25-54.
The series set basic-cable ratings records in both demos in February when its midseason premiere bested its then-record Season 2 premiere numbers.
The Walking Dead's sophomore season finale airs Sunday at 9 p.m. on AMC.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)