'Walking Dead's' David Morrissey to Star in AMC Pilot
He'll film "Line of Sight" alongside the zombie drama's fourth season.
AMC is doubling down on David Morrissey.
The Walking Dead villain has been tapped to star in the cable network's drama pilot Line of Sight, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Line of Sight centers on a National Transportation Safety Board investigator who survives a mysterious plane crash. Brotherhood's Blake Masters will write and serve as executive producer.
Morrissey will play Lewis Bernt, the investigator who survives the crash and begins an emotional journey to discover the cause of the accident.
Morrissey will film Line of Sight alongside the upcoming fourth season of The Walking Dead.
"We are huge fans of David Morrissey and are glad he'll be doing double duty for AMC viewers through his work on The Walking Dead and our pilot for Line of Sight, both of which are produced in Atlanta," AMC said in a statement.
Morrissey plays The Governor, the central villain on the zombie drama. In the Robert Kirkman comics on which the series is based, The Governor is ultimately killed during a bloody battle for the prison -- the central location of the series' third and upcoming fourth season.
This would mark the second time that a casting could potentially predict the future for a character on the top-rated drama. Word leaked during season two of the The Walking Dead that star Jon Bernthal (Shane) had landed the lead role in TNT's Frank Darabont drama pilot, Mob City. The character ultimately perished in the second season finale and TNT confirmed his casting the following day before picking up the drama to series.
Avid fans of Walking Dead thought the character would not make it out of season three alive. The British actor initially signed on for one season and, after he survived the deadly season finale, is slated to return as a series regular in season four.
AMC picked up Line of Sight to pilot in April. Production on the Fox TV Studios/AMC Studios drama will begin this year, with Jonathan Demme directing the pilot. This marks the second Walking Dead actor to headline a pilot at AMC. Lennie James (Morgan) stars in AMC's freshman drama Low Winter Sun.
Morrissey is repped by Troika and Silver Lining Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera