'The Walking Dead's' Season 4 Midseason Return Trailer Debuts (Video)
Michonne and Beth are near tears, while Carl seems poised to be the group's new stoic leader.
AMC on Friday released the trailer for The Walking Dead's midseason return, and the fractured group seems to have one stoic new leader among its ranks.
In the 30-second promo, Carl appears to be the strongest one of the lot as everyone from the divided group is handling the demise of the prison -- and Hershel's death -- in a very different way.
Here's AMC's description of the second half of season four: "Following the devastating events of the midseason finale, Rick and the group are still reeling from the loss of their home, family and friends. With the destruction of the prison, we see the group of survivors broken apart and sent on divergent paths, unsure of everyone else's fate. What was a challenging life behind fences and walls grows that much more perilous and precious as they are exposed to new dangers, new enemies and heartbreaking choices. They will have their faith thoroughly tested -- a faith that breaks some of them and redeems others."
"The prison has fallen, there won't be any more stories there, and now our characters are out on their own," comics creator/exec producer Robert Kirkman told THR. "They've lost the prison, they've lost where they live and where they were building their lives, and they're also separated and have lost each other. They're out in the unknown trying to survive. We're going to be going into some very interesting places with all of these characters and seeing new sides to all of them as they figure out how to survive."
Check out the new trailer, below. The Walking Dead returns Feb. 9 on AMC and click here to find out more about the new faces boarding the zombie drama's fourth season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack