Warner Horizon Chief Craig Erwich to Depart
The man whose studio produces "Longmire," "The Bachelor" and "The Voice" has not renewed his contract and will depart in March.
Craig Erwich is out at Warner Horizon.
The executive atop Warner Bros.' lower-cost offshoot has not renewed his contract and will depart when his current deal expires in March, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. During his seven-year run with the studio, which is focused on scripted cable offerings and broadcast reality, he added programming that ranged from TNT hit Rizzoli & Isles to NBC juggernaut The Voice.
The news of his departure comes half a year after the Warner Bros. TV division was reshuffled, with Erwich now reporting to the famously hands-on reality vet Mike Darnell on all unscripted efforts. Erwich continued to report to TV chief Peter Roth on matters of scripted programming, which also included A&E's Longmire and TNT's Dallas.
Erwich came to Warner in late 2007 by way of Fox, where he was a top development executive. At that time, Warner Horizon had been in existence for only a year and a half, and had taken control on production for The Bachelor. During his 12-year tenure at Fox, he had a hand in the early stages of such shows as 24, House and The O.C. He left as the No. 2 creative executive at the broadcast net.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10