Cable News: WE TV Renews Four Series, Nat Geo Adds Pair, Laura Innes Joins 'Warehouse 13' and More
Plus Joy Behar's Current TV series gets a place on the schedule and Lifetime announces casting for "Carlina White Story" and more cable tidbits.
WE TV has renewed four series, National Geographic has added two new entries, while Lifetime and Syfy both made casting announcements Tuesday. Here's what's happening on cable:
• WE TV has renewed Braxton Family Values for a third season and set Sept. 20 at 10 p.m. as the premiere date for its spinoff, Tamar & Vince. In addition, the women's-themed network picked up Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best? for a third season and My Fair Wedding With David Tutera -- with a new title, Unveiled, for a fifth season. Docuseries Mary Mary will also return for a second season.
• ER alum Laura Innes will guest star on Syfy's Warehouse 13 in the Sept. 17 episode as Emma Jinks, the estranged mother of Aaron Ashmore's Agent Steve Jinks. She's repped by CAA and Wishlab.
• Lifetime has tapped Aunjanue Ellis to star in its original TV movie Abducted: The Carlina White Story. The Blue Bloods and The Help actress will star as Ann Pettway, a woman who abducted White as an infant and posed as her biological mother for more than two decades. She's repped by ICM Paartners and TMT management.
• Current TV has scheduled hourlong series Joy Behar: Say Anything, Tuesday, Sept. 4 at 6 p.m. The former View host's new entry will air four nights a week, Monday-Thursday, with repeats airing later the same evening.
• National Geographic will air Martian Mega Rover, a special following the Mars Rover, on Thursday, Aug. 9 at 10 p.m. with footage of the Curiosity rover as it hits the top of the Martian atmosphere three days after the historic effort is scheduled to take place. In addition, the network announced a new series -- Abandoned -- that will follow a team of collectors searching abandoned buildings for lost relics. The 12-part series will premiere Wednesday, Aug. 22 at 9 p.m.