WE tv Orders Fashion Series 'House of Curves'
The docuseries centers on plus-sized designer Kenyatta Jones.
WE tv is getting into the plus-sized fashion industry.
The female-focused cable network on Monday handed out series orders to House of Curves, an unscripted entry following plus-sized designer Kenyatta Jones as she tackles the "skinny world" of fashion.
Each of the six hourlong episodes will follow Jones as she takes her two best friends and mother -- her primary investor -- and attempts to kick down the doors of fashion as she shops her fashion line for plus-sized women.
“As an entrepreneur and all-around savvy woman, Kenyatta is the perfect example of the type of woman that WE tv spotlights -- strong, independent and taking charge of her life,” said Lauren Gellert, WE tv senior vp original production and development. “Kenyatta is relatable to so many working women who are ‘leaning in’ to their careers while also offering viewers a high-octane dose of entertainment with her fierce attitude and take-on-the-world perspective.”
The series will premiere in the summer and join WE tv's growing summer lineup that includes freshman entries Marriage Boot Camp: Bridezillas; Pregnant & Dating and Sanya's Glam & Gold, among others.
Curves is produced for WE tv by Pie Town Productions with EPs Tara Sandler, Jennifer Davidson, Scott Templeton and Jennifer Lane. Gellart and Kate Farrell will oversee for WE tv. The series will premiere Thursday, June 13 at 10 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR